End User License Agreement (EULA)
By accepting this agreement or by installing BitLord or other software offered by or on behalf of House of Life (the "Software") or by clicking "Install", you agree to the following terms, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this agreement.
The Software is a peer-to-peer file distribution application distributed by House of Life.
- Subject to your compliance with these terms and conditions, House of Life grants you a royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Software, solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes. House of Life reserves all rights in the Software not expressly granted to you here.
- The source code, design, and structure of the Software are trade secrets. You will not disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer it, in whole or in part, except to the extent expressly permitted by law, or distribute it. You will not use the Software for illegal purposes. You will comply with all export laws. The Software is licensed, not sold.
- The BitLord Technologies
- Downloading and Updates
- The Software downloads only those files that are both authorized by you for download (specifically or by category or subscription)
- Automatic Uploading
- The Software accelerates downloads by enabling your computer to grab pieces of files from other BitLord users simultaneously. Your use of the Software to download files will, in turn, enable other users to download pieces of those files from you, thereby maximizing download speeds for all users. In the Software, only files that you are explicitly downloading or sharing or have downloaded or shared through BitLord will be made available to others. You consent to other users' use of your network connection to download portions of such files from you. At any time, you may uninstall the Software through the Add/Remove Programs control panel utility.
- Disclaimer of Warranty
- House of Life disclaims any responsibility for harm resulting from the Software or any software or content downloaded using the Software, whether or not House of Life approved such software or content. House of Life approval does not guarantee that software or content from an approved partner will function, sound, or appear as offered or hoped, or be complete, accurate, or free from bugs, errors, viruses, or other harmful content. House of Life expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions, express or implied, including any implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement, and any warranties and conditions arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade regarding the Software or any software or content you download using the Software. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from House of Life or elsewhere will create any warranty or condition not expressly stated in this agreement. Some jurisdictions do not allow certain limitations on implied warranties, so the above limitation may not apply to you to its full extent.
- Limitation of Liability
- In no event and under no theory of liability will House of Life be liable to you for any special, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with this agreement or the software whether or not House of Life has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations will survive even if any limited remedy specified is found to have failed of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to its full extent.
- These House of Life terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Norway, without regard to conflicts of law rules. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. The failure by either party to enforce any provision will not constitute a waiver. Any waiver, modification, or amendment of the House of Life terms will be effective only if signed. If any provision is held to be unenforceable, it will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and will not diminish other provisions. House of Life may make changes to these terms from time to time. When these changes are made, House of Life will make a new copy of the terms available at www.BitLord.com/EULA.html. You understand and agree that if you use the Software after the date on which the terms have changed, House of Life will treat your use as acceptance of the updated terms. You agree that House of Life may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the terms, by postings on www.BitLord.com/EULA.html
- If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected].